Site capabilities overview:
1) Most crucially, WikiPeace will enable horizontal discussion to occur about any problem of any scale. This will be accomplished with the ability to scale one’s search to a desired size, (I.E. city scale, global scale, even down to individual households, organizations, and/or workplaces), and from there to determine what space of that scale, (I.E. what city, household, etc). The most valuable input will be the most visible by use of user ratings, as WikiPeace aspires to embody meritocracy as well as complete transparency and horizontalism, (the abolishment of inequality in decision making power).
The user selects what issues are relevant to them, then what strategies make the most sense, and from there directly interface with the selected strategy’s authoring organization, with the ability to see their calendar, update events to their own user profile calendar, and even set text message reminders for events. The site is designed to bridge the largest gaps in the process of nonviolent social organizing. In this way not only do the best ideas for the worst problems get the most attention, but each person is connected directly with what matters to them. Additionally, organizations and member are transparently rated in effectiveness as well as 'karma', (in case anyone's effective but say, sexist)
2) A ‘haves and wants’ section enables individuals to find what they need from people around them as if everyone interested was running a 24/7 yard sale. What’s more is that there will be space for people to offer/request intangible goods, such as skills fermenting, or repairing electronics. Because everything is transparent, using these classified ads to do crime will become virtually impossible, such as the craigslist killings. –Individuals will have space to barter if they choose, reducing the amount of dependency upon ‘a-moral’ corporations, corrupt governments, and currency in general, to meet the needs of real people. -furthermore this is invaluable because it makes users return to the site and tell their friends.
3) A critical factor in the resolution of today’s problems is that there is an immense history of the ruling classes reframing the messages of the oppressed in ways that makes change not happen. Propaganda has proven an invaluable tool for the generation of a public that cannot hear its less fortunate members, for the most valuable of terms have become the most loaded. WikiPeace is designed to leave infinite space for its users to debate cultural myths, as well as providing a space for the most universal myths to be sorted out on global scales, with tremendous amounts of input from all sides, and everything rated, (transparently).
4) The default presentation of any page will be written in ‘common speak’, as in the message will be phrased specifically so that the most people can understand it. Each page will have a ‘side’ one may choose to display that is for technical vernacular, that WikiPeace may contain both the specialized language of professionals, while not leaving ‘lay-people’ behind. Another side one may choose to read and/or write in is in the language of Marshal Rosenberg’s NonViolent Communication, which is specialized for the most effective conflict resolution. It is based on stating needs, as well as circumventing inflammatory, counter-productive language.
5) There is a system of ‘tokens’ which allow users to do everything from openly debate concepts without disrupting a page, to tracking a page to be notified if it has been altered either slightly, or entirely. The ‘tracking token’ will ensure that site disruption is ineffective, as complete transparency will enable users to flag disruptors and discontinue their editing privileges, and important pages will be tracked by potentially hundreds of users. The ‘debate token’ enables users to place anywhere in a pages text essentially a link to the debate. This debate format is transparent, and starts with a ‘for’ and ‘against’ section, where the users rate the best arguments on either side to display at top. There will be space for informational links, as well as a section for arguments that are neither for or against but somehow relevant. The ‘note token’ is similar to the debate token, except its meant as a gentle addendum to a pages text, usually transitional, because either the addendum should be written into the page, or it’s on its way to becoming a debate. Sometimes it is a tangent and in this way information can flourish separately from the realm of distraction.
6) There will also be a map generator which can display the popularity of one issue's strategy over another in relation to its rater’s general geographic location. In this way, it will be demonstrated that a ‘law’ doesn’t need to be something everyone in an arbitrary, legal, division of land has to do battle over. Where ever and however a consensus decides they want their rules/boundaries can be the very skeleton of a law, determining it’s geography based on how actual people feel about what should be done. I know it sounds potentially confusing, but what we've got running now is outright criminal, requiring 'laypeople' to abide by a code that is so complicated it literally requires specialists to interpret.
In summary, these features combined will make participation and learning streamlined, specifically for the purpose of implementing civic intelligence to overcome the greatest threat our species has ever known, what can only best be described as global corporatocracy, or the profit agenda. Once this site is up it can enable everyday people to make actual change by not only effortlessly connecting them to likeminded people, but by creating an abundance of necessary information, and by helping all collaborators to organize via interest-based education and text message reminders.